Wednesday, December 21, 2011

where to start?

What's a Cook to Do? by James Peterson is an essential for every cook- from those just starting out to the seasoned pro. This book has quickly become one that I frequently turn to to refresh my skills, or lack thereof! It covers the basics from how to chop, dice, and julienne a carrot to how to make fresh home-made pasta (we will come back to this lesson!) to how to carve a turkey. What's a Cook to Do provides 484 detailed instructions, with photographs, so anyone can follow the toughest of culinary duties. What kind of pan should I purchase? How do I wash leeks? And what do I do to rescue flavorless fruits? I now hold the knowledge to the answers of these questions! What's a cook to do? Um, they should go and buy this book!

Amazon Books
Barnes and Noble

2 comments:

  1. What a creative and inspiring name and blog. I am definately going to buy this book. Your talents never cease to amaze me and I have to say I love everything you have ever made for me or taught me to make so far. This is your calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kellie, you are so sweet, thank you. i am excited to finally realized this is what i want to do! we will have a fun time making all the snacks and treats in february!

    ReplyDelete